The last few years I have started making music myself, instead of always playing the music of others. Particularly through working with Guro Skumsnes Moe and Ingvild Langgård I began to realize how much I know about my sounds, my instruments, about musical form, about what I like and don't like. It was time to break out of the prison I had made for myself, thinking I can only play scores. I can improvise. I can make music. I can do whatever I want do to. It's as easy as that.
Right now I'm working on several things, including more solo works, an installation by Yngvild Aspeli (Plexus Polaire), music for Plexus Polaire's next show Moby Dick - composing as a duo with Guro Skumsnes Moe, and a piece for Ensemble neoN by me.
In my work I often try to combine the texts that I write with my sound universe, creating layers where text and music are equal components.
List of works:
- Lyden av noe som allerede har forsvunnet 1 - solo slagverk, urfremført i Arendal 26. mai 2018
- Noenting - Ingenting - solo slagverk, urfremført i Oslo 8. november 2017
- Chambre Noire/Mørkerom (Plexus Polaire) - samarbeid med Guro Skumsnes Moe, hadde premiere 1. september 2017 i Stamsund
- Vi som elsket kaos - Pinquins & MoE, samkomposisjon, urfremført 15. juni 2017
- Dagen som forsvant - DKS-forestilling, originalmusikk bestilt av Turnéorganisasjonen i Hedmark, 2016